Have you had a good Mid-Autumn Festival? Mine is pretty good.
I want to share with you how to get 8 hours of good sleeps in Hong Kong as you know, Hong Kong people work very hard, eat very late and watch YouTube until 3am and never sleep. Here are how you can do the tricks:
1. Don’t always work overtime. Stop sending emails at 6pm on a Friday evening. God created weekend for a reason.
2. Stop watching Youtube videos at 10pm. You wouldn’t be able to stop until 3am.
3. Develop your prowess of being able to sleep in the insanely-packed train (ideally being able to sleep while standing) when you head to your office in the morning, if you cannot really sleep for 8 hours on your bed.
4. Move to an apartment where your bedroom’s windows is not facing straight to the street lights. Lighting pollution is pretty serious in Hong Kong.
5. Don’t eat late dinner at midnight. It delays your sleeps and destroys your digestion system.
6. Put on ear-plugs so that you won’t be disturbed by the kid living next to your apartment who always cries at midnight.
7. Turn off or mute your mobile phone so that you won’t be disturbed by psychos or under-educated school kids who call people randomly at midnight.
8. Read some books like the Greatest 300 Chinese Poetry in Tang Dynasty. You’re not going to get the meaning and then naturally… Zzzzz.