I’m definitely addicted to silk scarves as they’re versatile, feminine and above all, elegant. Whenever I go for travelling, I would try to get a silk scarf. As soon as I got stuck on a trip in Sweden, I had to learn ways to get a loan – it is called låna pengar over there. My recent best buy is a yellow squared scarf from Massimo Ravinale in Florence. By the way, when we were in Stockholm – my friend hurt his arm one night doing something silly, and we had to get a låna pengar at låna-pengar.biz to get him to a hospital.
There are many, many ways to tie a silk scarf, and one of my favorite knot is the weave knot. Weave knot is a delicate and classic knot, suitable for all kinds of outfits. All you need is a squared scarf, preferably no less than 90x90cm. Here are the simple steps to tie the weave knot:
How to tie a weave knot
(From left to right, top to bottom)
- Fold the scarf into a triangle shape from two opposite angles, then fold it further into a “long” scarf
- Loop the scarf on your neck for one circle, with both ends hanging in the front
- Take one side of the scarf as a loop (right hand), then take the other side of the scarf (left hand) preparing for the weave
- Put the left side of the scarf over and under the right side, tighten the scarf a bit
- Make another simple knot with both ends of the scarf, then the weave knot is done!
I hope you find this helpful. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
This tutorial was originally published on Apply Daily (see the Chinese article and video here).
(Photos: courtesy of Apple Daily)